Stirred, not Shaken is an experiential workshop for men. It acknowledges that this moment in culture is one of fast and profound change that affect all humanity. Men as a social group are thereby also affected. While Western women have been redefining their roles in society for decades, there have been very few places where men have been invited to examine and redefine their roles, relationships, and sense of purpose. Stirred, not Shaken is just such a place, where men are celebrated and supported, and are offered insight, experiences, and conversations on the physical, mental, and spiritual journey of manhood. It’s for men who are interested in exploring male identity and are ready to encourage other men to do the same. There will be insights, feelings, familiarity, challenge and opportunities to expand your comfort zones as well as your friendship circles. Accessing our collective wisdom, potential, and responsibility as male community increases our ability to create peace, fulfillment, and to sustain ourselves, our families, our communities, and ultimately, the earth.
All men are welcome
- Experience the value, humor, and wisdom of a circle of men.
- Move beyond the limits of male scripts and re-define your sense of male self.
- Be a better partner, father, and friend.
- Connect to a sense of brotherhood among men.
- Rejuvenate your ability to enjoy spontaneity, creativity, and physicality.
- Strengthen your sense of purpose and direction in relationships with others.
- Enhance your ability to express yourself.
Stirred, not Shaken is guided by these beliefs and values:
There is a Need for a Sense of Community Among Men
Many men are part of communities, but there is little sense of genuine community among men. This omission disconnects men from each other's wisdom and humor, strengths and vulnerabilities, values and questions.
Brotherhood is a Constant Possibility
Men transcend notions of difference and competition by sharing our experiences and stories as men. The realization of profound similarities enables new ways to connect, create friendships, and a grounded sense of positive male community, or brotherhood.
Respect, Expression, and Creativity
The uniqueness and diversity of all men is valued and honored in acknowledging that there is no singular masculine ideal. All men can support one another in exploring and questioning the limits of typical male scripts.
Accessing our collective wisdom, potential, and responsibility as male community increases our ability to create peace, fulfillment, and to sustain ourselves, our families, our communities, and ultimately, the earth.
All men are welcome.
Heart Humor Truth Sweat Wisdom
Stirred, not Shaken has been presented at:
- 57th Annual Banff Men's Conference, Banff, Alberta, 2011
- 55th Annual Banff Men's Conference, Banff, Alberta, 2009
- BC Alternate Education Conference, 2010
- Nanaimo - in partnership with the Nanaimo Men's Resource Centre
- Nelson Community Services, Men in Transition program
- Northern Society for Domestic Peace
- Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton
- British Columbia: Sunshine Coast, Vancouver, Vernon
- Cowichan Valley, Vancouver Island
- New Bruinswick: Moncton
- Ontario: Guelph